Spirit Week 2021-22: Spirit of the Students

Abby Shewan

Mrs. Beare’s D-Group dressed up for Tie Dye day

Abby Shewan, Contributor

Every year the students of Mansfield Christian anticipate what many would say is the best week of the school year: spirit week.  This week is filled with home games for the students to attend and support their peers.  In the effort to encourage the students to go to Homecoming games, each D-group on Wednesday makes signs that they can hold up at the games.

In addition to the home games, there are also dress-up themes for each day of the week.  This year, the themes for each day are as follows: Dream Job Monday, TV/Movie Character Tuesday, Tie Dye Wednesday, Senior Citizens Thursday, and Black Out Friday.  The class that has the most participation received a prize provided by the Events Planning Committee.

When asked about her favorite part of spirit week, junior Rachel Baughman says that she enjoys dressing up each day.  “Tie-dye day was the best day because it received the most support since many people already have tie-dyed clothing.”

There is also a pep rally during Flames period on Friday where the fall athletic teams were recognized, students played a few games, and the administration announced the homecoming court and the homecoming king and queen who were chosen by student voting.

This whole week is meant to encourage the students to get excited about homecoming, which is being held on Saturday, October 2, from 7:00 – 9:30 in the multipurpose room.

All of this is organized by the MCS Event Planning Committee (EPiC), who put in lots of time and effort to make this week fun for all of the students.