Powder Puff Football Pregame Overview

Football

Abby Shewan

Football

Abby Shewan, Contributor

It’s that time of year again.  The air is cool and the soul is hungry for a good game of classic American football.  For Mansfield Christian, that means it’s time for the girls to dust off their cleats and get their face paint ready for the annual 2021 Powder Puff football game.  Just like in years past, the seniors and freshmen will team up and play against the juniors and sophomores.  The game will be held at Comstock Field on October 8th at 7:30 pm.  It’s a game you won’t want to miss.  “This is a great way to see girls outside their normal element,” said Mrs. Hogue, one of the returning coaches for this year’s senior and freshman team.  “It gets them playing/interacting with girls who they wouldn’t normally interact with,” she mentioned in regards to why girls should participate in this memorable game.

In previous years, the senior and freshman teams have reigned victorious.  This year, however, the tables might turn in favor of the junior and sophomore team.  Unfortunately for the seniors (with the help of the freshman), this means they might not be able to carry on the legacy of past teams.  As this year’s favored team, the juniors and sophomores face the pressure of accomplishing that goal.  Neither team has the practice time that regular football teams have during their season, but they do have the spirit that is needed to play a great game.  Each team will need to work together and function as one mind and body if they are to come out victorious.  Will the junior/sophomore team be able to pull it off, or will the senior/freshman team come out on top yet again?  Come support the teams and find out!