Moana Jr. Review

Parent of Cast Member

The cast poses for a picture.

William Killian, Contributor

Moana Jr was a jam-packed play shown at the Mansfield Playhouse in Mansfield Ohio. This was such a popular play that it sold out when it was shown on Sunday, September 19th 2021. The play was shown on the dates September 11th, 12th, 18th, and 19th of 2021 with September 19th being the most popular one to go to. The Mansfield Playhouse has only sold out a couple of other times before Moana Jr, proving how amazingly executed this play was and how disciplined these actors are. This is a story about a young girl named Moana, as she tries to travel across the ocean to figure out her true identity/heritage. On Moana’s journey she meets a demigod named Maui. Maui joins Moana and as they both have to find the truth within. In their journey they have a lot of differences and tend to fight sometimes with Maui being over egotistical and Moana being headstrong thinking only her way will work. Our very own Mansfield Christian student Abby Shewan was in this play as a part of the village Maui ensemble. She said, “It was a lot of fun being able to continue to do plays and be in them after not being able to do them at all due to COVID 19.”

A lot of things have been impacted due to COVID 19. Most of the time we don’t even realize how many things got cancelled, and people were not able to do the things that they enjoyed. Many of the actors and actresses are excited to be back and performing again. This was the last play that some of the actors could perform in and were super excited to be able to have their last play. This play was also very popular because it was the last play after the pandemic.