Homecoming 2020

Homecoming+2020

Jason Dills, Writer

Hi!  I am Jason Dills.  I am a Senior at Mansfield Christian School. Every year at Mansfield Christian we have homecoming during September, on a Saturday.  The girls wear dresses, while the boys wear suits.  We are usually in the Multipurpose Room during Homecoming.  We usually have a formal dinner that consists of formal food.  There is a different theme every year at Homecoming.

This year, we had to change up the Homecoming because of the COVID-19 pandemic.  We had to follow the social distancing guidelines in order to not get the Coronavirus.  Even though it was a terrible year for a lot of people, we still managed to have Homecoming, despite the pandemic.  This event took place while the world was starting to recover from the Coronavirus.

During the 2020 Homecoming, we wore our regular clothing and the event was held outside in the soccer field.  We had more informal food like pizza, chips and candy.  We also hung out with friends.  We played yard games such as frisbee, corn hole, soccer and croquet, and students were able to make smores in the bonfire we had.

We also had fall decorations of scarecrows, pumpkins and candles.  The Homecoming took place from 8-11pm.  Since it was dark, we had glow bracelets and necklaces.  MCS History teacher Mr. Carter was the DJ of the Homecoming.  The event was more relaxing than last year’s Homecoming.

The planners of this event were not the Juniors, but the students from Mrs. FOB’s EPiC club.  They did a huge amount of planning and work to host and decorate the Homecoming.  Many students and teachers from MCS were there. At the end of the night, we took class pictures on the steps by the snack building.  The attendees had a great time!