My Advice to You

Back to Article
Back to Article

My Advice to You

Sam Golab Senior Picture

Sam Golab Senior Picture

Samuel Golab

Sam Golab Senior Picture

Samuel Golab

Samuel Golab

Sam Golab Senior Picture

Samuel Golab, Contributor

Dear Underclassmen,

When I first became a freshman and entered MCS, I was discouraged because graduation seemed so far away. It felt like I would never get to my senior year and graduate. It was tiring and difficult, and I just wanted to be done with school. But now that I’m a senior and I only have a couple of days until graduation, I look back at all the friends and all the memories I’ve made in the last four years.

I feel like I took my time in high school for granted. I never took the time to appreciate most of my time in high school. If I could start high school all over again, I would try to get to know more of my classmates, mess around a little less, have a lot more fun with my friends, and get my license before graduating. It is true that time goes by extremely fast during your last few years in high school. It feels just like yesterday that we went to senior retreat and I gave Sammi Smith a concussion. Don’t take your time in high school for granted, take time to make a lot of friends and work hard on school work.

One of the things I will miss most about MCS was soccer. I fell in love with both the game, and the bond I made with my teammates. I will also miss all my friends and classmates. Most of us will never see each other again, and many friends will go on different paths and never keep in touch. This thought has made me regret that I never got to know more of the classmates. Make sure you take your time in high school and get to know as many people as you can.

Don’t take this school for granted either. It is a good thing to be at a school that allows you to teach and preach the Bible. In this school, you have the potential to grow your faith so much in Christ. Growing in your faith will lead you down a great path, glory, and many great blessings. “Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” 1 Peter 2:2-3.

My advice to you is to finish strong.  Do not be lazy in your school work. Make many friendships and memories with them. Increase your faith in Christ and walk down a righteous path. I loved my time here at MCS, and it will always be a part of me.

Sincerely,

Samuel Golab