Finish Strong

Back to Article
Back to Article

Finish Strong

Belle's Senior Picture

Belle's Senior Picture

Beth Howe

Belle's Senior Picture

Beth Howe

Beth Howe

Belle's Senior Picture

Kyleah Steensland, Contributor

As the school year comes to an end, I look back at my high school experience and think about how it went.

I entered into Mansfield Christian as a freshman and had no idea what I was in for. After being homeschooled for many years, I was terrified of what I was getting into. I had no idea what high school would be like, especially at a Christian school.

Throughout the years, I made many friends, strengthened relationships with people and the Lord, and was pushed by many people to do better when I thought I was only doing “just enough to get by.” I will cherish and remember the people I met and the experiences I had for the rest of my life. Teachers became very important in my life and helped me with my relationship with the Lord, even when I was difficult and unwilling.

I learned many things throughout my high school years, many of which will be carried on with me throughout my life. People believe that high school teaches you things that you will never use, and although that may be true sometimes, they do show you how to live for Christ and have wonderful relationships.

Sometimes it was tough with drama and people always wanting to know things you don’t want to tell them, but in the end, the drama isn’t important. What is important is that you keep pushing on and make it through high school. Don’t settle for “just enough.” Know that the Lord is with you and you can do it. He will help you.

“For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, ‘Do not fear; I will help you.’” Isaiah 41:13

So I encourage you all to work hard, try your best, and finish strong. “Start with the end in mind.” as Dr. Smith said, “and work towards your end goal.” As tough as it may be, power through your high school years and make the absolute best of them.

Sincerely,

Belle Steensland