Hey! It’s That One Kid: Christoper Barbely

Christopher Barbely (bottom right) alongside fellow MCS students

Mary Badamy

Christopher Barbely, Contributor

I came.

I saw.

Who cares?

I am coming to the end of my academic career here at MCS. I have to wonder, how will I be remembered? Will I be known as the goofball? Will they see me as the kid that always carried around his Bible? Will I be known as the smart guy that never tried hard enough? I have made quite the reputation over the fifteen years I have been here at MCS; mostly good (at least I hope), but some are not the best.

I am seeing new faces rise up in MCS. These new faces represent a new hope for our generation. More and more people are rising up from adversity and taking a stand for their faith. More importantly, more of these new faces are making their faith their own and growing in it. I hope I can say I was a part of their journey of faith, and that I helped them along the way. For some, I know that I impacted their life, but I don’t know to what extent. For others, I just hope whatever impact I left was positive.

Who Cares? In all likelihood in only five years from now to most, I will only be a faint memory. Not to say that is bad–that is just how things are at school; seniors come and they go. I say these things to convey that it is not the leaving of a person, but what the person leaves behind that matters. I hope and pray that, if I left behind–anything– the things I leave would challenge the school and even change it for the better. I have more days behind me at this school then ahead of me. Let’s hope when we go back and look at those days, they are with fondness.  So, I end with how I started:

I came.

I saw.

Who cares?