INFernO

MCS Baseball Breaks 42 Game Losing streak

Back to Article
Back to Article

Baseball team rushing the field after the win.

Cameron Karger

Cameron Karger

Cameron Karger

Garrett Jones, Contributor

On Saturday, April 6th, the MCS baseball team broke their forty-two game losing streak in a doubleheader against Toledo.

It was the first game of the day, and it started out slow, with both teams scoring minimal runs throughout the game. Each team had innings where they scored one or two points, but both teams had innings where they didn’t score any runs.

It was the bottom of the seventh inning, and the MCS boys were up to bat. The score was four to three, and MCS was down, they needed one point to tie, and two to win. Number 32, Campbell Miller, was up to bat first. Campbell nailed it and got on first base, and eventually stole all the way to third.

Number 24, Jesse Williamson, was up to bat, hoping to get Campbell home to tie the game. Jesse hit the ball and Campbell ran home, tying the game up. Jesse Williamson had stolen second base. Number 24, Adam Vealey, hit the ball and got on first base, also getting Jesse from second too third.

Jesse was ambitious and ready to get on home. Vealey was leading to dash to second and the pitcher threw it to first base to try and get Vealey out. Vealey dove and landed face first into bag, and the pitcher overthrew the first basemen. Jesse ran as fast as he could to steal home, the entire game was on his shoulders.

Jesse stole home, winning the game for the baseball team five to four. The team rushed the field to praise Jesse Williamson for winning the game. Jesse got the RBI for Campbell Miller, and stole home, making him the MVP. When asked how he felt about the game, Jesse said “I am so proud of this team, we have had a rough few seasons, but I’m happy to be a part of this team. We have been working hard and today it has paid off.”