INFernO

Immigrants “Trumped” at the Border

Back to Article
Back to Article

Immigrants “Trumped” at the Border

People standing looking at the wall between  Mexico and the USA.
Drawn by Monicka Ridgill.

People standing looking at the wall between Mexico and the USA. Drawn by Monicka Ridgill.

Colton Reas

Colton Reas

Colton Reas

Colton Reas, News

Once again, President Trump is addressing the mass influx of illegal immigrants coming through the southern borders of the United States, saying that the border should be closed off entirely.

On Monday, April the first, President Trump yet again proposes and even some say to go as far as “threaten” the thought of closing the borders with Mexico completely. This threat brings up many big questions dealing with the economy and national security. There are both good and bad thing that comes with this threat if it actually comes to pass.

First, the good things there are benefits to a full-scale wall along the borders of the United States and Mexico. This full-scale wall along the southern border would fulfill one of the campaign promises made by Trump to build the wall. This would raise the support of many of the people who say that having this wall build would be a good thing along the southern border. This would also help USBP with the security of the border due to the fact that there are many places along the US Mexico Border that have little to no barrier at all. With the new wall, USBP would have a better chance of catching any illegal immigrants that enter the US.

Second, is the bad that would come out of such a border wall being constructed along the southern border. The US trades many goods with Mexico and many of the South American countries. If the borders were to be completely closed off between the US and Mexico, many say that there will be damage done to the US economy that may affect the US for many years to come. This is the concern of many politicians Democrats and Republicans alike, a complete wall with no way in or out is thought by many to be a bad idea.

About the Contributor
Colton Reas, Contributor

Colton Jay Reas is the full name of this student at Mansfield Christian School. He is a very hard working man who tries to do his best at everything. He...