INFernO

Ohio Sports Update

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ohio Sports Update

Odell Beckham Jr. is excited to start a new chapter of his career in Cleveland.

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

Adam Vealey, Contributor

There is much going on in Ohio sports right now. The Indians and Reds have been figuring their teams out in Arizona during spring training. The Browns have been upgrading their roster with trades and signings. Also, the Cavs are struggling but hunting to slip into a playoff spot.

The Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds both play their spring training games in Arizona. The Indians are looking strong with 14 wins and 11 loses as of March 21st. This comes as no surprise as they have arguably the best starting rotation in baseball. The new signing of Carlos Gonzalez and trades made that brought Carlos Santana back to Cleveland helps give them the offensive edge they needed last year. The Reds are not looking as hot with a record of 8 wins and 12 loses. This off-season brought in many veteran players to the club that can still play at an elite level; while also teaching this young Reds roster. Cincinnati will have to make a huge push during the real season as they play in one of the hardest divisions in baseball.

The Browns, much like the Indians, have been giving the people hope in what their team can do this upcoming season. The Browns recently acquired Odell Beckham Jr. from the New York Giants, giving up three draft picks and safety Jabrill Peppers. This is easily the biggest move the Browns have made in recent history. Baker Mayfield will look to continue his domination from last historic season; While Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry (who was acquired last off-season) team back up for the first time since they played at LSU where together, they won a national championship. The Browns are looking to bring football glory back to Cleveland for the first time in a long time.

It’s no secret the Cavaliers have been struggling this season, the roster fell apart from the 2017-18 season to the 2018-19 season. The Cavs do still have talent in players like Kevin Love, breakout rookie Colin Sexton, and Jordan Clarkson. As of March 21st, the Cavs hold a record of 19 wins and 53 loses, they are in 14th place in their conference.

About the Writer
Adam Vealey, Contributor

Adam Vealey, otherwise known as “The Veal” is a senior at Mansfield Christian School. He is on the baseball team and plays pitcher, second base, and...