The student news site of Mansfield Christian School
Back to Article
Back to Article

2019 Baseball and Softball Preview

The softball team ready to pray after practice

Samantha Smith

Samantha Smith

Samantha Smith

2019 Baseball and Softball Preview

Spring is right around the corner which means baseball and softball are in full swing. The teams began practice on February 18th. The softball and baseball teams both are full of seniors this year and they look to leave their mark in each respective program.

The baseball team is going in with a new motto this year, “Now or Never,” due to the fact that the whole team, excluding a few, are seniors. The baseball team looks to pick up their first win since 2016.

The softball team is sticking to their same old motto “Not for Me, All for Him” giving all the glory to God. The softball team came out with two wins last year and look to improve this year with the addition of many younger players. We interviewed some of the players about their thoughts on the upcoming season.

“Although we haven’t had much success over the past few seasons, I think we will be better prepared for this year. Many of us seniors are taking it more seriously because it’s our last year and we want to go out strong. I’m excited to play one more season with all my friends, and hopefully, we can win some games along the way.” – Senior Adam Stephan

“Looking forward to this year’s season, I am really excited about our softball season. We have a whole crew of seniors who are willing to lead and give it their all during our final year. I know it will be a very enjoyable season, full of many laughs and memories. I have a really good feeling about this year and I can’t wait to go show the world what we got.”    – Senior Audrey Martin

“I think our baseball team looks pretty good this year. We have a lot of new guys and many guys who decided to come back out and give it another shot. We have a schedule full of winnable games this season. Between everyone we have the pitching, hitting, and defense we need to win games; we just need to put it together and work as a team and we’ll have the outcome in our favor. This is the last ride for most of our team with as many seniors as we have and I think think that motivates us to work harder and give it our all. We’ll pull out of this season with some wins for sure” – Senior Adam Vealey

“We have a lot of new players this year and we’re gonna have an optimistic outlook on the season this year. We haven’t won a lot of games in the past but this is one of the last chances I have as a senior so I’m ready to push myself and my teammates in order to win.” – Senior Samantha Smith

INFernO • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in