INFernO

Avengers: Endgame Trailers

Back to Article
Back to Article

Avengers: Endgame Trailers

Photo from the Avengers: Endgame trailer

Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios

Samuel Golab, Contributor

The Avengers: Infinity War left many of its viewers and fans on the edge of their seat, wondering what is next to come with the Avengers. After watching our favorite superheroes be defeated by the alien villain named Thanos, it is hard to picture the defeated Avengers emerging victorious in the next Marvel movie, Avengers: Endgame. There have been two teaser trailers that have been released to the public. The first trailer was released December 5th of 2018 whereas the second trailer was released recently during this year’s Superbowl on February 3rd, 2019.

In the first trailer, we see Tony Stark (Played by Robert Downey Jr.) in a stranded ship in the middle of the galaxy. Stark records a video in which he talks about running out of food, water, and barely enough oxygen to last him the rest of the day. We see a small glimpse of the Avengers building with little to no activity. You can see the effects of what Thanos was able to accomplish. We see that both physically and emotionally as we see Steve Rogers (Played by Chris Evans) crying in a quick scene.

In one scene, we see Thor (Played by Chris Hemsworth) sitting with civilian clothes in what seems to be a prison cell. We also see Hawkeye (Played by Jeremy Renner) in one shot where he seems to be doing mercenary work. He was found by the Black Widow (Played by Scarlett Johansson) in what seems to be a rural city in China. Afterward, we see both the Black Widow and Captain America fully geared in what looks to be like some sort of aircraft. Finally, we see Ant-man (Played by Paul Rudd) show up to the Avengers headquarters asking to be let in by Captain America and Black Widow.

Finally, in the second trailer, we get to see the result of what the snap did. The first couple shots are of one of the busiest cities in the United States: New York City. But the city does not look quite the same, because we see shots of the Statue of Liberty and Citi field completely empty. The city is obviously completely deserted.

Next, we see a support group for those who need support after the losses they endured. In this support group, we see Steve Rogers, obviously in emotional pain. We then see a shot of Tony Stark and Gamora (Played by Zoe Saldana) working on a project. They seem to be fixing something, most likely the ship. This also could be a reminder or reference to Iron Man 1, when Tony Stark was imprisoned and had to create the Iron Man. He looks to be wearing a very similar outfit and in similar conditions.

The next shot we see Captain America, Black Widow, the Hulk (Played by Mark Ruffalo), and War Machine (Played by Don Cheadle) approaching and looking up to something in the sky. The object in the sky is unknown but it could possibly be Tony Stark and Gamora landing safely on Earth.

Later on, we see both Ant-man and War Machine all geared up and it seems that Ant-Man will finally make an appearance in the Avengers movie. Next, we see, possibly Captain America, gripping a shield and preparing to fight. Finally, in the final shot, we see the last of the ragtag group of Avengers walking across in a line in the Avengers headquarters and we can see the silhouette of Rocket (Played by Bradley Cooper) walking with the Avengers.

About the Writer
Samuel Golab, Contributor

Samuel Golab is a senior from the class of 2019. Once he graduates, Samuel hopes to go to NC State to major in Criminal Justice. Once he graduates from...