INFernO

My MCS Story: From a First Grader to a Senior

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ian Ernsberger, Contributor

Hi my name is Ian, and this is my story of my time at MCS. I started out in first grade with Mrs. Comstock after I transferred from Brinkerhoff (which is now called the Mansfield Spanish Immersion), and in first grade, is where I met most of the people I’m graduating with this year. My first couple years at MCS was fun. I made friends very quickly, and the teachers were kind and open to me being in their class.

Continuing going down the line of school it got more interesting each year. Between new people and new teachers and plenty of homework, it was challenging to take in growing up as a kid who just wanted to goof off and just have fun. I kept pushing through middle school, and then eventually I got to high school where my patience for school just grew slim to none. I just didn’t care about homework.

My first year of high school I tried very hard at the beginning of the year, but towards the third quarter and the fourth I just gave up and its been like that for every year. But luckily, I met a man named Joshua Wells and he was my homeroom teacher and my Spanish teacher during my freshman year. I will forever appreciate this because he actually cared about me and my future as an MCS student. He is part of the reason I’m going to be graduating this year, because he pushed me to be my best, and I did my best.

During my junior year and my senior year I played baseball and that really helped me get through these past two years of school. With the support of my coaches and teammates, it really made these last few years of MCS enjoyable while becoming part of a brotherhood.

I am very thankful for my coach Scott Carrier, because he was with me through thick and thin. He pushed me as a player, and personally, I think I did improve as a player. He was a great supporter and helped me through my emotions whether it be because I was mad at the game because we were losing or because I was beating myself up over mistakes I made in the game. I’m very glad I got to play for him, and I’ll never forget a single moment of it.

I’m very proud to be a graduate of MCS and I am very thankful for all of my teachers who helped me along the way and I can’t wait for the next chapter in my life.

About the Writer
Ian Ernsberger, Contributor

Ian has been attending MCS for twelve years. He came to MCS during his first grade year and has been here ever since. He currently works at the local Panera...