INFernO

Filed under Student Life

The End of My MCS Chapter

Soccer+Awards
Soccer Awards

Soccer Awards

McPeek

McPeek

Soccer Awards

It’s finally here, the end of senior year. These past twelve years at Mansfield Christian have been memorable.

First grade was the start of my Mansfield Christian journey. It was a difficult, yet exciting time because I didn’t know anyone except a few kids on my soccer team. After the first few weeks of school, I became friends with practically everybody.

My big dream when I was in elementary was to play high school soccer for Mansfield Christian. We had the best soccer team around and I went to almost every game. The home games were the best because I got to play soccer with all my friends behind the goal. That was the ¨thing” to do.

My freshman year of high school was a scary time. Being a ¨new player¨ going up against all the experienced players was intimidating. Luckily, I was the given the opportunity to not only play on the varsity team my freshman year, but also to start as a freshman. That year was exciting in so many ways and the best memory that was made was winning state.

Many people may not like MCS or may think its annoying because its ¨small,” but, honestly, it’s not bad at all. We get to go to a place where we can talk about Jesus, pray freely, and carry around a Bible. These are all things that you can not do in a public school.

MCS may be a small school, but to me that’s a good thing. I walk around the halls knowing everybody and everybody knowing me. Even when you don’t know it, you are close with the people you don’t hang out with or even talk to. Other schools have over 300 students in their class compared to our 40 students.  I would choose the class of forty any day.

My senior class is my second family. We have our ups and downs, but in the end we are family. We are with each other everyday for eight hours, and most of us have been with each other since Pre-K. I personally believe that if you have a close bond with your class it makes high school go by fast, because it sure did for me.

Mansfield Christian has a big impact on who I am today. It has taught me how to be a good leader, how to be a friend to everyone, and how to not be afraid to spread my faith with non-believers.

I just want to give a big thanks to all of the teachers that supported me and were always there for me when I just needed to talk. The teachers have had a big influence on my life here at Mansfield Christian, and I will never forget them. I have good memories with almost every teacher here at MCS and those memories will never be forgotten.

(Drops the Mic) -Jared McPeek

About the Writer
Jared McPeek, Contributor

Jared is a senior at MCS. Jared plays soccer and basketball for the school. After high school, Jared plans to go to college to be an early childhood education teacher. He has wanted to be a teacher for about five years now. When asked “Why?”  the only answer he can give them is “I love to be around kids.” Jared also want to be a soccer coach, because soccer has always been in his life for as long as he can remember. He wants to leave high school knowing he gave it all he had on the field, the court, and also in the classrooms.