INFernO

Filed under Student Life

One Last Goodbye

Back to Article
Back to Article

One Last Goodbye

Dear Underclassmen,

I know how you are feeling. I have been in your shoes wondering if high school will ever end. The past fifteen years I have been at Mansfield Christian, I have dreamed of being a senior. Being able to walk across the stage and finally receiving my diploma will be a big accomplishment as I look forward to my future.

Now, as I prepare for that day, the old saying is true “times flies by so fast.”  Four years of high school may seem like an eternity, but really it felt like it was over before it even started. Your time in high school is ticking away and you’ll thank yourself later for making the most of it.

There are some things about MCS that I will miss and some things I won’t. I will miss seeing my classmates almost everyday, the teachers encouragement, having all my education being Christ-centered (especially the way this world is now) and Mr. Dials of course. What I won’t miss is the hideous campus wear (but at the same time not having to pick out my outfit everyday was a plus), not being able to buy candy at my lunch (thank you Mrs. Obama) and not having to get up early to be to school on time (as I rarely was).

As you are looking forward to the rest of high school and your life ahead, here are a few things to remember. It may seem cliche but hear me out.

• Appreciate and listen to your parents. They always have your best interest at heart. Your parents were once your age and the advice they give you is based on their experiences. I know you probably find that hard to believe.
  • Remember to be yourself. Don’t conform to this world. Remember to look at the hearts of others and not what is on the outside.
  • Try to remain positive and look at the good in life. Your friends will come and go, but God will always be your best friend.
  • HAVE FUN! Being young only lasts once so make the most out of it.
  • Don’t stress about the little things. You will make mistakes and you will always have people to support and encourage you.
  • Make a difference. Your time in high school will shape you in the person you will be. So make smart decisions and be a light to those around you.

Although my time at MCS is almost done, I am grateful for the time I have spent here and the countless memories I will never forget. I want to say thank you for all of my teachers and friends who have shaped me into the person I am today. As you continue your high school years, I hope you remember to make the most of it.

Sincerely,

Emily Brunk (Class of 2018)

About the Writer
Emily Brunk, Contributor

Emily has been attending Mansfield Christian School for fourteen years and is now a senior. She plans on going to college to study Occupational Therapy...