INFernO

To the Class of 2019

Katie Taylor

More stories from Katie Taylor

Keep the Faith.
April 23, 2018
2018 Senior, Katie Taylor

2018 Senior, Katie Taylor

Annie Trammel Photography

Annie Trammel Photography

2018 Senior, Katie Taylor

Dear Upcoming Seniors,

Congrats! You finally made it to senior year. It has been a long time coming but you’re finally here! Senior year is filled with a lot of ups and downs, firsts and lasts, so enjoy it. After all, we only get one senior year.

Senior year goes by so fast! Enjoy the time you have left with your family and friends. Cherish your last homecoming, last sports games, your senior night, and last prom. During my last year at Mansfield Christian, I wish I would’ve cherished more moments. Because as I look back, I regret not taking one more picture, or staying one more minute at some event.

During Senior year, there is so much to look forward to! Senior year at Mansfield Christian is so much fun! We have senior homecoming, senior retreat, where we go to the ranch and spend the day together making many memories, senior prom, Family Fun Night, where we as a seniors conduct a night of fun for families with multiple games and prizes, Senior Breakfast with our prayer partner, Senior Chapel, Senior Skip Day, Senior Trip, and lastly, Graduation!

You may ask yourself “Why do we do so many things during senior year, isn’t this year supposed to be laid back?” Mansfield Christian provides so many opportunities for us seniors that public schools do not. Since we have smaller classes, we get the chance to have more experiences and make our last year as memorable as possible.

During your last year at Mansfield Christian, take the time to enjoy all the little things. Do not stress about finding a job or working to make money and miss out on things. You only get to experience high school once, and even though now you may hate it, one day you will look back and miss it.

I never believed it when they said time flies, but it does. Time is so precious, enjoy it while you can. Senior year is stressful, yes, but with God all things are possible.  Rely on God to help you through the stressful times, but do not forget to  rejoice in him through the happy times!

I leave you with this, Have fun, enjoy your last year of high school! Take time away from work and school to spend time with friends and make memories, you won’t regret it. I pray you all have the best Senior year and enjoy it to the fullest!

Sincerely, MCS 2018 Senior, Katie Taylor