INFernO

Baseball Begins

Coach Carrier observes his team warming up.

Heidi Smith, Editor

Last year’s baseball team consisted of ten players, and the season was not a great as they had hoped, but this year, the team has gained six more players to help the team. The outlook of the season is positive, and the guys are looking forward to more wins, as compared to last season.

Head coach Scott Carrier, or “Scooter,” says that he think the boys will win ten games this year. He believes that their schedule is set up in their favor this year with playing twenty-seven games. He is looking forward to seeing the guys improve this season.

I asked a couple of the guys on the team how they thought the season will go, and their outlook on the season. Senior Caleb Vance said, “I’m nervous, but motivated. There are more guys this year and that makes me more comfortable. I believe it will be a fun growing year, and I am ready to get some ‘dubs.'” Caleb played last year, and has a great perspective from this season and last.

New student and player, junior, Campbell Miller told me how he felt the season would go, “This year, I am looking forward to a great season. This is a cool group of guys, and they have been working hard–we all have been. I think that through the hard work, we will come out with a great season. We are definitely going to win one game this year.”

These guys are hungry this year to get some wins. With the support of the school, and encouragement of their teammates, they should go far this season. They have put in a lot of hard work in the off season and are determined.

Good luck, baseball team, we hope you have a great season.

About the Contributor
Heidi Smith, Editor

Heidi Smith is a senior in high school, she has attended Mansfield Christian since 2nd grade. In her 2nd grade year at MCS, she came to know Jesus Christ, through her teacher Mrs. Koheiser. She has been a devout follower of Jesus Christ since that day. She has been involved in Child Evangelism Fellowship, which is teaching the Gospel to children through 5-day clubs and fair ministry. She was also involved in a missions trip to Louisville, Kentucky with her local church, Crossroads Community Church. She comes from a family of 12, growing up with 6 brothers, and 5 sisters.

She has played many sports including, softball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and cross-country. But for her senior year of high school, she has limited her extracurricular sports to Basketball and Softball. She wishes to focus her attention on her education and on honing her art abilities. After high school, she plans to stay local and go to school at North Central State College. She plans to major in nursing to become a registered nurse.

1 Comment

One Response to “Baseball Begins”

1. Scott Carrier on March 9th, 2018 6:06 pm

Great job Heidi.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Baseball Begins

Sports

This Month in Pro Sports: October

• Baseball Begins

Sports

Audrey Martin wins Athlete of the Week Her Senior Year of Soccer

• Baseball Begins

Sports

Lady Flames Soccer Wins Sectional Championship

• Baseball Begins

Sports

News Journal nominates Jared Mount

• Baseball Begins

Sports

MCS Flames Boys Senior Night

• Baseball Begins

Sports

Lady Flames Captain Audrey Martin RETURNS

• Baseball Begins

Sports

Making Memories

• Baseball Begins

Sports

MCS Girl’s Softball Senior Night

• Baseball Begins

Sports

Reminiscing on the Good Old Days

• Baseball Begins

Sports

Lady Flames Basketball Banquet

The student news site of Mansfield Christian School
Baseball Begins