INFernO

The Next Prodigy

YouTube

Zion goes for the dunk

Zion goes for the dunk

Screenshot YouTube

Screenshot YouTube

Zion goes for the dunk

Jared McPeek, Wyatt Earhart, and Luke Dilley

Zion Williamson, who plays at Spartanburg Day School, is one of America’s top high school basketball players. Zion is ranked number three in the nation, and ranked number one in South Carolina. He is a 6-6, 275 pound explosive player. Zion is known around the world with his explosive dunks he does during games. He was named McDonald’s All-American for 2018.

Williamson has had scholarship offers from Duke, North Carolina, Clemson, Kentucky, and South Carolina. On January 20th, Zion made his decision to play at the Duke University. Zion will be playing alongside the number one and two ranked players in the nation; Cameron Reddish and R.J. Barrett. 

The Duke Blue Devils will have a dominate 2018 team for the upcoming season. Fans and students of Duke  look forward to seeing some incredible men’s basketball being played. As fans of Duke, we wish the team the best of luck this upcoming season.

About the Writers
Jared McPeek, Contributor

Jared is a senior at MCS. Jared plays soccer and basketball for the school. After high school, Jared plans to go to college to be an early childhood education teacher. He has wanted to be a teacher for about five years now. When asked “Why?”  the only answer he can give them is “I love to be around kids.” Jared also want to be a soccer coach, because soccer has always been in his life for as long as he can remember. He wants to leave high school knowing he gave it all he had on the field, the court, and also in the classrooms.

Wyatt Earhart, Contributor

Wyatt Earhart is a senior at Mansfield Christian and has been attending the school for the larger percentage of his educational life. Through attending MCS, he has grown as a young man of Christ and fallen in love with sharing the Word of God with others. He has had the unique opportunity to share his faith in places such as Haiti. His strong spiritual life has also been greatly influenced by his parents. His parents have worked hard to instill a love for Jesus in each of their five sons. Growing up in a thrill-seeking family of boys, Wyatt is well accustomed to atypical sports like wake boarding and wake surfing. And when winter hits, he can be found skiing at Snow Trails were he works with most of his family. Besides being involved in many activities outside of the school, he is very much a part of Mansfield Christian. Wyatt has been playing soccer since the age of three and continues to do so today. Expanding his horizons, he has chosen to join the basketball team this year. His plans for after high school are not yet decided upon, but he excited and ready for what the future holds.

Luke Dilley, Contributor

Luke Dilley currently attends Mansfield Christian School and has for the last six years! He has lived in Mansfield his whole life. Luke loves sports and always has.  He is a starter for the boys varsity soccer team. Luke is a senior this year, and is excited for his final year of High school.