INFernO

Fake News Interview?

Brian Skowronski

Jared+McPeek+and+Wyatt+Earhart+
Jared McPeek and Wyatt Earhart

Jared McPeek and Wyatt Earhart

Becca Young

Becca Young

Jared McPeek and Wyatt Earhart

Emily Brunk and Becca Young

On October 10th, the members of the boys’ soccer team were interviewed by Brian Skowronski. Jesse Rider, head coach for MCS soccer asked Brian to challenge the guys with more obscure questions. By doing so, Brian got some  hilarious and wacky responses. Let’s just say, we all know they would have done better if they had known they were part of a practical joke.

Senior, Wyatt Earhart was interviewed first. Brian asked, “So I noticed the last time I got a haircut, it was actually the day after your guys last lost, and you haven’t lost a match since. How much of an effect do you think that’s been for you?” You would think that Wyatt would pause, and think to himself, ‘Why on earth is he asking me about his hair?’  Wyatt responded with, “I think it’s definitely a confidence booster for us. It just feels like we’re back.” (Better luck next time Wyatt!)

Next, senior Jared McPeek was asked, “I saw that you guys were on an eight-match streak, and you probably don’t know but for four of those matches there has been a half moon. How much do you think that has played into your success?” Yet again, you would think he would ask himself, ’Why does he think a half moon has anything to do with us winning?’ Jared’s responses were unique to say the least. “I think it’s pretty good going into tournaments with that. It’s a good motivation for us and I feel like if we keep playing how we were, we’ll be good.” As the elementary students like to say, remember to THINK about your THINKING.

Thanks Wyatt and Jared for being such good sports and providing us with some great laughs.  Check out the video above.

About the Writers
Emily Brunk, Contributor

Emily has been attending Mansfield Christian School for fourteen years and is now a senior. She plans on going to college to study Occupational Therapy or Early Childhood Education. Her goals for this year are to finish high school with a positive attitude and to cherish the last moments she has with her friends. She has been playing varsity softball for Mansfield Christian for four years.  Emily can’t imagine life without MCS and all of the love and support people have given her throughout her journey here

Becca Young, Contributor

Becca Young is a senior at Mansfield Christian School. She has attended MCS for six years. Becca plays volleyball and has participated in various other sports throughout her time at the school. Beyond being involved within the school, she is a vital part of her family farm. As a third generation farmer, her father incorporated strong work ethic in each of his children. Her outgoing and vibrant personality makes her a wonderful asset to working with children. Her love for youth has led her to attend Ashland University where she will study Lower Elementary Education.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Fake News Interview?”

1. Monicka on January 4th, 2018 11:18 am

Best interview 2017!!!

2. Maci on January 4th, 2018 11:19 am

Please do more interviews like this. I enjoyed reading these and I’d like to see more lol

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fake News Interview?

Multimedia

Veterans Honored at MCS Program

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

Overcoming your Mission Trip Fears

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

The Dangers of the Elderly Behind the Wheel

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

MCS Annual Pig Roast

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

Some say Art is Best

• Fake News Interview?

Multimedia

Homecoming Photo Gallery

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

Change in the New School Year

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

MCS 2018 Graduation Video Montage

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

Defining Before Knowing

• Fake News Interview?

Student Life

One Last Goodbye

The student news site of Mansfield Christian School
Fake News Interview?