INFernO

A Hard Fought Match

Jared McPeek, Luke Dilley, and Wyatt Earhart

Mansfield Christian boy’s soccer team traveled to Dayton Christian, ranked 3rd in division three high school soccer. The Mansfield Christian boys prepared hard for a busy week. These two teams have never met before in soccer history, but both these teams have had successful programs over the last decade.

Before the game, the varsity players were nervous because they knew it was an important match.  At halftime, the score was 3-0 Dayton Christian, but the boys did not give up.  They kept their heads up and kept fighting.

When the second half came along, the MCS boys were ready to take the pitch. Within minutes, the boys had gained momentum and scored their first goal making the score 3-1. In a total of ten minutes, the varsity boys scored two more goals to make the score 3-3. Dayton Christian was visibly nervous when they put five guys on defense. The MCS boys did not score after that, but they were happy to tie the number three team in the state. The MCS Flames fought through the adversity and never thought about leaving the field with a loss.

At the end of the well fought match from both teams, both teams got in a circle to pray. Before the prayer the Dayton Coach said, ¨Hopefully we can meet again, and if we do we both will have great season.¨

About the Writers
Jared McPeek, Contributor
Jared is a senior at MCS. Jared plays soccer and basketball for the school. After high school, Jared plans to go to college to be an early childhood education teacher. He has wanted to be a teacher for about five years now. When asked “Why?”  the only answer he can give them is “I love...
Luke Dilley, Contributor
Luke Dilley currently attends Mansfield Christian School and has for the last six years! He has lived in Mansfield his whole life. Luke loves sports and always has.  He is a starter for the boys varsity soccer team. Luke is a senior this year, and is excited for his final year of High school.
Wyatt Earhart, Contributor
  Wyatt Earhart is a senior at Mansfield Christian and has been attending the school for the larger percentage of his educational life. Through attending MCS, he has grown as a young man of Christ and fallen in love with sharing the Word of God with others. He has had the unique opportunity to share...