INFernO

Heavy Hearts

Praying for Tim

Students write encouraging notes to Tim

Students write encouraging notes to Tim

Matthew Carver

Matthew Carver

Students write encouraging notes to Tim

Emily Brunk and Emma Burleigh

The morning of September 28th, Mansfield Christian’s student body was informed of a tragic event that had taken place the previous night. Tim Clark, freshman from Mansfield Christian, and his mother were recently involved in a head on collision September 27th at 10 pm. Tim and his mother both suffered multiple injuries and were in critical condition.  Principal Mark Delaney called for an assembly that morning for students to join together in prayer for Tim and his family.  Tony Pingitore, the lead pastor of Mosaic Church, came to share with students and teachers.

Everyday tragedies like this happen across our country. But until they affect us personally, we are never truly able to relate. This accident has not only affected the Clark family, but touched the lives of many others. A few people from the school have visited Tim and were impressed by his remarkable attitude and selflessness. Despite his condition, Tim was concerned about his mother, family, and whether or not they would have a car to drive. This should serve as an encouragement to find the good in the midst of our pain.

We encourage you, to take the time to get to know the people around you. Do not let your days go by without engaging with those you are surrounded by. We never know what can happen in an instant.

Our hearts go out to him and his family. We pray that God will give him and his mother the strength to get through this difficult time. Our hope is that God will bring them both to full recovery.

If anyone feels led to support Tim and his family, please contact Mansfield Christian School. Donations and gas cards are being collected to provide them with assistance. Tim will be at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, visits are also permitted and encouraged. But more than anything, the family is in need of your support through prayer as they begin this journey of recovery and healing.  

About the Contributors
Emily Brunk, Contributor
Emily has been attending Mansfield Christian School for fourteen years and is now a senior. She plans on going to college to study Occupational Therapy or Early Childhood Education. Her goals for this year are to finish high school with a positive attitude and to cherish the last moments she has with her friends. She...
Emma Burleigh, Contributor
Emma Burleigh is a fairly new student to Mansfield Christian. She has been a part of the Independent Studies program for three years but decided to try something new for her senior year and enrolled full time. Sad to leave homeschooling and middle of the day naps behind, she is very excited to see what...
Matthew Carver, Editor
Matthew Carver is a senior at Mansfield Christian School. He has gone to MCS for 12 years, with the absence of third grade and junior year. He plans on going to college where he will study in psychology and go on to get a job as a psychotherapist. Matthew has 9 siblings, 3 sisters and...
4 Comments

4 Responses to “Heavy Hearts”

1. Benjamin Joshua on October 4th, 2017 2:34 am

Wishing Tim and his mum a quick recovery. For by the stripes of our Lord Jesus we are HEALED. Let them receive healing now! Because of what the Lord has done at calvary.

[Reply]

2. Christine Chundusu on October 4th, 2017 7:16 am

I pray that the Lord heals Tim, his mother and all those affected by this accident.

[Reply]

3. Paula W Hupp on October 6th, 2017 10:54 am

Praying for Tim & his mother. Lord, please heal them completely & quickly. I will continue to pray for them & the family & friends.

[Reply]

4. Caleb Olubiyi on October 28th, 2017 1:58 pm

May the Lord heal Tim and his mother, and grant them quick recovery.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

Change in the New School Year

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

MCS 2018 Graduation Video Montage

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

Defining Before Knowing

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

One Last Goodbye

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

The End of My MCS Chapter

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

NHS Travels to New York City

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

The Excitement of becoming a Senior

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

Five-Year Kidneyversary

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

John Ballenger: The Speed Demon of MCS

• Heavy Hearts

Student Life

Dunkin the Donkey

The student news site of Mansfield Christian School
Heavy Hearts