The student news site of Mansfield Christian School

INFernO

Looking into the Future

Elizabeth Sparks Holds a College's Pennant

Emma Burleigh

Emma Burleigh

Emily Brunk and Emma Burleigh, Contributors

“What do you plan to do after you graduate?” is the question that every student is bombarded with as soon as they enter into high school and is asked with increasing intensity until the day of graduation. For some, it is an easily answered question as they have had their heart set on a particular career pathway since they were old enough to know what they wanted to be when they grew up. For others, it is the dreaded question asked by every grandparent, teacher, and often times adults in general.                                                

This previous Wednesday, Mansfield Christian hosted a Christian university and college fair to expose students to prospective schools. We took a little time to talk to a few students who participated.  Some of them have already made certain plans for what their future will look like, while others are still considering all of the options that are offered to them.

The NACCAP, North American Coalition of Christian Admissions Professionals, organizes Christian University and College fairs that take place in over 120 different locations spanning across the U.S. and into Canada.

Senior, Elizabeth Sparks, has set her eyes on Asbury University located near Lexington, Kentucky. After engaging with representatives from the university a couple years back, she has loved what they can offer her in elementary education as well as the overall environment of Asbury. Her family has also greatly influenced her consideration of Asbury, as the past three generations have been graduates of the school.

Fellow senior, Wyatt Earhart, attended the Christian college fair for the third time this year. He stated that he was excited to look into the various colleges. He is hoping to play soccer during his college career, which is offered by many of the participating colleges. Mount Vernon Nazarene University is among his list of options that would further his soccer ability and push him to succeed. Wyatt along with his friend Camden Craner is planning to visit a few prospective colleges.

Although many students believed that it would not be beneficial to them, many were proven otherwise. Students found it greatly expanded their horizons when considering career paths. The day was specifically tailored towards the students graduating in 2018, but it provided an eye-opening opportunity for juniors as well as underclassmen.